Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lava cakes

Yes... this is COMPLETELY bad for you... but it tastes ohhh so very good. Before you check out the recipe... I feel the duty to tell you it is 621 Calories for one of these babies! (don't say I didn't warn you). This is definitely something that I will make if we have friends over for dinner. The recipe makes 6 lava cakes. I went ahead and took 3 of them upstairs to our neighbors so I wouldn't feel tempted to munch them. They said they tasted gourmet, and I agree. I don't feel it had anything to do with my abilities.. so go ahead and give it a try if you want to do something special when you have friends over (or if you have a big family). We served them still warm as the recipe suggests. I may warm the last one up in the microwave to see if leftovers work, and I'll let you know how that panned out.

1 comment:

Cynthia Z said...

So this does warm up well. I tossed it in the microwave (still in its custard dish; 4 days later) on a low power level until it was sufficiently warm. The inside was still creamy too. Yumm!

Comments (not to a specific recipe), questions, submissions?
Please send them to alittletasteofhome@gmail.com

Also, please feel free to send me the info about your favorite cookbooks.